The 2013 National Bicycle Tourism Conference will be held in Iowa City/Coralville, Iowa on November 6-9, 2013. The conference is attended by hundreds of bicycle event professionals, advocates, bike tourism leaders and cycling enthusiasts eager to learn and network with others in the bicycle industry. The conference is held annually since 1994 by the Bicycle Tour Network and serves as their annual meeting for their member organizations.
The 2013 National Bicycle Tourism Conference will be hosted by RAGBRAI and the Iowa Bicycle Coalition at the Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center.
Registration for the Conference is now open! Save money with early-bird registration through August 31!
A Tentative Schedule is now available
Here are some topics that the conference will focus on:
- Trending Topics in Cycling Events
- Trending Topics in Bike Tourism
- Starting an Awareness Ride
- Utilizing Social Media
- Mapping & Elevations
- Inspiring Communities to Embrace Bike Travel
- Route Planning/Permitting/Mapping
- Rest Stops
- Weather Support for Special Events
- Successful Marketing for Cycling Events
- Law Enforcement/Public Safety
- Community Relations
- Online Registration
- Economic Opportunities & Vitality through Trails
- Peer-to-Peer Fundraising at Your Non-Fundraising Event
- Defending Cancellation Policies & Refunds in Court
- Bicycling Tourism is Gold in Texas
- Zero to 1,000 in our First Year as a Tour! What we learned and wish we knew in year one
- Think of Sponsorships as Partnerships
- Becoming the World’s Capital of Trails
- Educational Happy Hour: Beer & Food Pairing for Cycling Events
- Creative Bicycle Tourism Marketing
- Sizzling Special Event Marketing
- Winning at Merchandising
- The State of Bicycle Advocacy in our Nation
- Vendor Expo
There are also some great social events including educational happy hours, a social at Backpocket Brewing and performances by Swing Crew and Dogs on Skis
ABOUT THE NATIONAL BICYCLE TOURISM CONFERENCE
Annually, the Bicycle Tour Network holds a national conference that allows members to meet and network with each other. The conference includes lectures, interactive sessions, group discussions and breakouts with a variety of topics related to the successful and safe administration of cycling events. This year’s conference will feature an expanded Vendor Expo with a luncheon on Friday afternoon in the Vendor Expo ballroom and then a reception during prime time on Friday evening, giving companies an opportunity to market directly to the ride directors.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL BICYCLE TOUR NETWORK
Bicycle Tour Network (BTN), formerly The National Bicycle Tour Directors Association (NBTDA) was formed over 20 years ago by a small core of ride directors for professional development, marketing and networking purposes. It has grown to include more than 100 organizations that direct nearly 350 bicycle rides and tours across North America. The primary purpose of BTN is to bring together the directors, coordinators, and organizers of multi-day bicycle tours throughout North America, including Canada and Mexico, Europe, and Asia to share ideas, learn ways to improve their events and promote responsible cycling.
Primal and Active Network are the presenting sponsors of the 2013 National Bicycle Tourism Conference
via RAGBRAI http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RAGBRAI/~3/jAtnlXuYvtQ/