Legislative Forums are a productive way to learn if your legislator will support bicycle and traffic safety issues that are important to you. These forums are usually under-attended by the same people. If you and your bicycling friends show up, you can be a block that they cannot ignore. You can ask questions about their positions and ask directly for them to support your issues. Unlike email or letters, they usually have to respond to your comments.
1. Do a little research. Check out our policy and legislative page for more information.
2. Be polite. Never be mean.
3. Ask if they are willing to support a specific issue. e.g. Will you support standard penalties for traffic and bike crashes?
4. If there are questions and you don’t know the answer, don’t guess. Follow up at a later time when you can find the answer.
5. Thank them for their service and be appreciative of their time.
The following legislative forums are scheduled. PLEASE RSVP ON THE FORM BELOW.
- 3/19/2022 9:00-10:00 AM Legislative Forum- Okoboji Area Legislators Tweeters, 1027 Highway 71, Okoboji, IA 51355
- 3/19/2022 10:00-11:00 AM Legislative Coffee- Harlan Sen Schultz and Rep Holt Shelby County Chamber of Commerce & Industry, 1901 Hawkeye Ave., Harlan, IA 51537
- 3/19/2022 10:30 AM- 12:00 PM Legislative Forum- Scott County Area Legislators North Scott HIgh School, 200 S. 1st St., Eldridge, IA 52748