Legislative Forums are a productive way to learn if your legislator will support bicycle and traffic safety issues that are important to you. These forums are usually under-attended by the same people. If you and your bicycling friends show up, you can be a block that they cannot ignore. You can ask questions about their positions and ask directly for them to support your issues. Unlike email or letters, they usually have to respond to your comments.
1. Do a little research. Check out our policy and legislative page for more information.
2. Be polite. Never be mean.
3. Ask if they are willing to support a specific issue. e.g. Will you support standard penalties for traffic and bike crashes?
4. If there are questions and you don’t know the answer, don’t guess. Follow up at a later time when you can find the answer.
5. Thank them for their service and be appreciative of their time.
The following legislative forums are scheduled. PLEASE RSVP ON THE FORM BELOW.
- 3/1/2022 6:00-7:00 PM New Iowa Town Hall League of Women Voters of Metro DSM Virtual Event – see link for attendance https://bit.ly/GzosRK
- 3/4/2022 11:30 AM- 1:00 PM Legislative Update- Ames Area Legislators Ames Chamber of Commerce, 304 Main St., Ames, IA 50010
- 3/5/2022 8:00-10:30 AM Legislative Forum- Emmetsburg Area Legislators Emmetsburg Chamber, 1121 Broadway St., Emmetsburg, IA 50536