Legislative Forums are a productive way to learn if your legislator will support bicycle and traffic safety issues that are important to you. These forums are usually under-attended by the same people. If you and your bicycling friends show up, you can be a block that they cannot ignore. You can ask questions about their positions and ask directly for them to support your issues. Unlike email or letters, they usually have to respond to your comments.
1. Do a little research. Check out our policy and legislative page for more information.
2. Be polite. Never be mean.
3. Ask if they are willing to support a specific issue. e.g. Will you support standard penalties for traffic and bike crashes?
4. If there are questions and you don’t know the answer, don’t guess. Follow up at a later time when you can find the answer.
5. Thank them for their service and be appreciative of their time.
The following legislative forums are scheduled. PLEASE RSVP ON THE FORM BELOW.
- 2/11/2022 8:00-9:00 AM Legislative Forum- Corydon, Sen Amy Sinclair, Wayne County Farm Bureau, 212 S Franklin St., Corydon, IA 50060
- 2/11/2022 10:00-11:00 AM Legislative Forum- Chariton, Sen Amy Sinclair, Lucas County Farm Bureau, 811 S. 4th St., Chariton, IA 50049
- 2/11/2022 10:00-11:00 AM Town Hall- Lake Mills, Sen Guth, Ole’s Office, 205 N. Mill St., Lake Mills, IA 50450
- 2/11/2022 12:00-1:00 PM Legislative Forum- Ankeny, Rep Bousselot, Ankeny Kirkendall Public Library, 1250 SW District Dr., Ankeny, IA 50023
- 2/11/2022 12:00-1:00 PM Legislative Forum- Osceola, Sen Sinclair and Rep Fry, Revelton Distillery, 1400 W. Clay St., Osceola, IA 50213
- 2/11/2022 12:00-1:00 PM Town Hall- Thompson, Sen Guth, Public Library, 142 Jackson St, Thompson, IA 50478
- 2/11/2022 2:00-3:00 PM Legislative Forum- Leon, Sen Sinclair and Rep Fry, Leon Community Center, 203 NE 2nd St., Leon, IA 50144
- 2/11/2022 2:30-3:30 PM Town Hall- Forest City, Sen Guth, NSB Bank, Community Room, 101 US 69 N, Forest City, IA 50436
- 2/11/2022 12:00-1:00 PM Legislative Update- Ankeny Area Legislators Ankeny Kirkendall Public Library, 1250 SW District Dr., Ankeny, IA 50023
- 2/11/2022 4:30-6:30 PM Legislative Forum- Black Hawk/Bremer Counties Area Legislators Virtual Event – see link for attendance https://www.facebook.com/events/1339210866556569/