The Iowa Bicycle Coalition is looking for a Street Team staff member to promote the organization during the RAGBRAI traveling expo from July 22-29. This staff member will work in tandem with another street team staffer, Iowa Bicycle Coalition staff, and board members to set up, tear down, and staff the expo booth at the overnight towns.
- Represent the Iowa Bicycle Coalition at our booth at the traveling expo
- Setup, tear down, and staff the Iowa Bicycle Coalition expo tent and materials
- Expand brand awareness by engaging with prospective and current donors in a professional and positive manner through grassroots marketing promotions
- Distribute petitions, sell raffle tickets, and coordinate give-aways
- Transport promotional materials to and from various locations
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Driver’s license required
- Must be able to work from July 22 to 29, 2022 from approximately 1 PM to 9 PM each day
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Comfortable speaking in front of small and large crowds with a charismatic and outgoing personality
- Ability to stand, walk, and lift with minimal assistance for a minimum of three hours
- Fundamental knowledge of the Iowa Bicycle Coalition and the bicycling community
- Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
- May work in drastic temperature climates
- Must be able to lift up to but, not limited to 50 lbs unassisted
- Must be willing to travel to work events and camp in overnight campgrounds
- Each Street Team Member will receive a stipend of $1200 for the week
- A per diem of $59/day will be extended for food and beverage for each day of work
- A company vehicle will be provided for transportation
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the Iowa Bicycle Coalition for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Iowa Bicycle Coalition strongly supports equal employment opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
WHO ARE WE?
The Iowa Bicycle Coalition is a statewide bicycle advocacy organization working to promote safe and enjoyable bicycling in Iowa through education, events, better policy, and growing a community of supporters. Our organization works on policy issues at the Iowa legislature and Iowa Department of Transportation. In addition, we hold bicycle safety training for kids all over Iowa.
Candidates should email their resume and cover letter to:
Mark Wyatt email@example.com
Calls to 515.309.2867 are welcome, but it may be advisable to schedule a time to meet.