The RAGBRAI route pickers once again stumped the masses this year, as six towns won this year’s Guess the Route Contest.
Several hundred entries were received in the 11th annual Guess the Route Contest to pick the RAGBRAI XLI towns, but six of eight towns were the best that the contestants could figure out. Four people picked five towns correctly who were then entered in a drawing to decide who won second and third place.
Here are this year’s winners:
- Annette Von Tersch (Cedar Falls, Iowa) – 1st Place
- Julie Godberson (Wahoo, Nebraska) – 2nd Place
- Tiffany Ingersoll (Ankeny, Iowa) – 3rd Place
Annette Von Tersch of Cedar Falls, Iowa was the big winner and will receive a gift certificate for $100 that can be used for RAGBRAI Merchandise. “It’s exciting to have won the 2013 RAGBRAI ‘guess the route’ contest. I am told by our team captain that my accomplishment will grace the side of our team trailer this summer,” says Von Tersch. “I am a proud sag member and occasional rider for Team Contraire, a sixteen-member cycling team, with riders from California, Florida, Indiana, Wisconsin, Germany, and Iowa. 2013 will be our eighth RAGBRAI.”
Annette mentioned that last year many RAGBRAI riders were recipients of Team Contraire’s gracious largess– as their West Coast contingent handed out free home-grown pistachio nuts and sample bottles of a satisfying, full-bodied California Chardonnay!
Annette picked correctly on Council Bluffs, Harlan, Perry, Oskaloosa, Fairfield and Fort Madison. Fort Madison was the town that was select by most contestants this year.
Julie Godberson of Wahoo, Nebraska took second place and wins a certificate worth $80 of merchandise, and Tiffany Ingersoll of Ankeny, Iowa placed third and will receive a certificate worth $60 of merchandise.
How do this year’s results compare with previous contests?
- 2003 – Winner guessed 7 towns
- 2004 – Winner guessed 7 towns
- 2005 – Winners guessed 5 towns
- 2006 – Winners guessed 3 towns (wow, we stumped you!)
- 2007 – Winner guessed 5 towns
- 2008 – Winner guessed 6 towns
- 2009 – Winner guessed 8 towns (perfect!)
- 2010 – Winner guessed 6 towns
- 2011 – Winner guessed 6 towns
- 2012 – Winner guessed 5 towns
- 2013 – Winner guessed 5 towns
We hope you enjoy the ride!
via RAGBRAI http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RAGBRAI/~3/wgUdKbj7_nc/