The Iowa General Assembly has convened and legislators have begun work on policy to impact the safety of bicyclists. Bicyclists all over Iowa want safe places to ride and policies that improve traffic safety.
Bills have been filed (or are expected to be filed) that support safe passing of bicyclists, addressing handsfree cell phone use while driving, enhanced penalties in bicycle crashes, adding distracted driving to the driver education curriculum, and bike and trail funding.
Contact your legislator now and urge them to include improved safety policies for bicyclists in this legislative session.
- Luke Hoffman named Executive DirectorIOWA BICYCLE COALITION ANNOUNCES NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CORALVILLE, IA – The Iowa Bicycle Coalition is proud to announce the hiring of their new Executive … Read more
- Sioux City Bike Rodeo at Grace UmcTamera Albert of Grace United Methodist Church coordinated her first rodeo and it went off smoothly. Inspired by RAGBRAI fever, she thought this would … Read more
- Lead Our Team as Executive Director of the Iowa Bicycle CoalitionThe Iowa Bicycle Coalition is thrilled to announce an exciting opportunity to lead our organization as the Executive Director. We are seeking an exceptional … Read more
- Mark Wyatt is leaving the Iowa Bicycle CoalitionAfter much reflection and consideration, I have decided to leave my position as Executive Director of the Iowa Bicycle Coalition and embark on a … Read more
- New blog post on Safe RoutesCheck out Safe Routes to School Manager Matt Burkey’s latest post about the American Academy of Pediatrics technical report on pedestrian safety and what … Read more