The Iowa General Assembly has convened and legislators have begun work on policy to impact the safety of bicyclists. Bicyclists all over Iowa want safe places to ride and policies that improve traffic safety.
Bills have been filed (or are expected to be filed) that support safe passing of bicyclists, addressing handsfree cell phone use while driving, enhanced penalties in bicycle crashes, adding distracted driving to the driver education curriculum, and bike and trail funding.
Contact your legislator now and urge them to include improved safety policies for bicyclists in this legislative session.
- Protecting Cyclists in Iowa: Take Action with the Iowa Bicycling Action CenterCycling is a fun and healthy way to explore the great outdoors, but it can be dangerous when cyclists have to share the road […]
- Handsfree / distracted driving media pageSample Blog Post Distracted driving is a serious problem that puts countless lives at risk. Texting, talking on the phone, or even adjusting the […]
- Take Action to Support SF547 on Hands-Free DrivingDistracted driving is a serious problem that puts countless lives at risk. Texting, talking on the phone, or even adjusting the radio while driving […]
- SF547 on Handsfree/Distracted Driving Passes in Iowa SenateIn a historic moment for the state of Iowa, SF547 on handsfree/distracted driving has passed in the Iowa Senate with an overwhelming vote of […]
- Arkansas-based bike adventurer and advocate Marley Blonsky to deliver keynote speech at Iowa Bicycle SummitThe Iowa Bicycle Coalition is proud to announce that Marley Blonsky, founder of All Bodies on Bikes, will be the keynote speaker at the […]