The Iowa General Assembly has convened and legislators have begun work on policy to impact the safety of bicyclists. Bicyclists all over Iowa want safe places to ride and policies that improve traffic safety.
Bills have been filed (or are expected to be filed) that support safe passing of bicyclists, addressing handsfree cell phone use while driving, enhanced penalties in bicycle crashes, adding distracted driving to the driver education curriculum, and bike and trail funding.
Contact your legislator now and urge them to include improved safety policies for bicyclists in this legislative session.
- The Coalition Turns 20In 2024, the Iowa Bicycle Coalition is proudly celebrating its 20th anniversary, marking two decades of unwavering commitment to promoting bicycle advocacy, organizing memorable… Read more: The Coalition Turns 20
- Silent Auction 2024The Silent Auction returns for 2024 at the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party on January 27th, 2024. This is a great opportunity to get some… Read more: Silent Auction 2024
- Over 30 schools in Iowa participated in Walk, Bike, and Roll to School DayWalk, Bike, and Roll to School Day on October 4th was an overwhelming success, with a record-breaking 31 schools from across Iowa participating in… Read more: Over 30 schools in Iowa participated in Walk, Bike, and Roll to School Day
- Luke Hoffman named Executive DirectorIOWA BICYCLE COALITION ANNOUNCES NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CORALVILLE, IA – The Iowa Bicycle Coalition is proud to announce the hiring of their new Executive… Read more: Luke Hoffman named Executive Director
- Sioux City Bike Rodeo at Grace UmcTamera Albert of Grace United Methodist Church coordinated her first rodeo and it went off smoothly. Inspired by RAGBRAI fever, she thought this would… Read more: Sioux City Bike Rodeo at Grace Umc